Monday, September 12, 2011

Sleepstakes: Sleeping Mistakes

Not to be confused with sweepstakes, or any bedding accessories and expo. This is personal.

My definition of sleepstakes? Mistakes done and opportunity missed while one is sleeping.

One who is familiar with basic economy or accounts would know what is opportunity cost, the loss of potential gain from other alternatives when one alternative is chosen. Sometimes, the opportunity cost is really high and I din't even notice that, because I was too busy sleeping. Tired is my usual reason for sleeping, matter of fact is, I just sleep whenever I feel like sleeping. If I'm not mentally tired, I'll just say that I'm physically tired, however it goes, I will just make up reason for me to sleep. However sometimes I stay awake when everyone else in my timezone is suppose to be sleeping. The opportunity cost of me staying awake is also sometimes greater than I expected.

How do I finally come to realize the opportunity cost of sleeping? When I missed 2 calls and I lost the love of my life. It was her life turning call, I missed it. Believe me when I say if you're not willing to treat your girl the way they deserve, there are always brothers out there who is waiting for just the right moment. She told me it's fate. To me, it's my mistake and I'll have to take it as a man and deal with it. Learn from my lesson and never to repeat again.

Of course there are other examples, I missed the exam with the highest credit hour in my college year, I missed interviews, business opportunities. I loss trust, people who trust my ability wouldn't trust me anymore because I often overslept. All these can be attributed to laziness, or in words of the 7 deadly sins, sloth.


What about the opportunity cost of not sleeping while I should? Well for one, that's the reason I'm sleeping when I shouldn't! Like when I'm driving and totaled my car, waking up in the drain. I can't afford to always be on the losing side. I need to win, I need to win big. I sought for a simple life, on that is I live for myself, seems like it's never a simple thing to have a simple life.

Took me so long to realize that sleeping, is about timing, about synchronizing your timing with the majority so group work can be done while everyone is awake. Of course at times, I should sleep lesser, sleep later, to savor the good time I'm in or to put in extra hard work. At times, sleep more for the sake of rejuvenation, relaxation and to gain peace of mind. Realizing that I'm unique, just like everyone else, I should sleep at a unique timing, just like everyone else.

If you read this, you probably should spend the time you use reading this to sleep, honest advice.

1 comment:

  1. Luckily u are awake most of the time when I look for u... (",)

    ReplyDelete

Clearly you have something to say, remember subscribe to comment so you will know when you have a reply?

Loading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is lauyeelosophy?

It was a little unexpected that this blog is still up at running after so many years, and definitely a huge chunk of inactivity. Started off with nothing but some personal nags, sharing some of the songs that I genuinely like and their lyrics, and some thoughts that I have no one around me to discuss with, bullshits that I've structured.

Soon I'll put everything into a mixing bowl, sharing lyrics with a structured bullshit story. I wouldn't update it as often as I'd like to but for people who like reading, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, but it wouldn't be as entertaining as a thousand words for sure.


Sincerely yours,
lauyee