Monday, March 15, 2010

How to give a good advice?

There's no good advice; other than the one he gave himself.

- lauyee

Give someone your most sincere advice,  if he treat you as a person he respects, he'll say "hmm... quite true", prove to him with facts and figures, he'll agree with you, and then give you the BUT treatment! Frankly that doesn't at all frustrate me, all I can say is what I think best in the situation and what I would do, but am in no position to direct others decision.

However what get to my nerves the most is when they failed, they took your approach and it works they come back and tell you. Not about how thankful to your advice that it worked out, but when they failed they suddenly have this revelation about an alternative method that may work out and it did work out.


Trust me at this point of time the worst thing you could say is "I TOLD YOU SO!", they wouldn't believe it, they'll try to reaffirm themselves that what you told them was a different version from what they did. If someone can be certain that you actually did advised him about that matter, it will instantly break his ego. Instead of an "Oh yea? Thanks man!" expect an "Ahh WHATEVER!".

Ain't it funny that this is almost always the situation for me when I'm giving my dad any kind of business advice? Pride, is such a deadly sin!

1 comment:

  1. You are right. Most ppl are like that. Hard to give advise.

    ReplyDelete

Clearly you have something to say, remember subscribe to comment so you will know when you have a reply?

Loading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is lauyeelosophy?

It was a little unexpected that this blog is still up at running after so many years, and definitely a huge chunk of inactivity. Started off with nothing but some personal nags, sharing some of the songs that I genuinely like and their lyrics, and some thoughts that I have no one around me to discuss with, bullshits that I've structured.

Soon I'll put everything into a mixing bowl, sharing lyrics with a structured bullshit story. I wouldn't update it as often as I'd like to but for people who like reading, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, but it wouldn't be as entertaining as a thousand words for sure.


Sincerely yours,
lauyee