Monday, February 22, 2010

What Can Be : What It Is

It's about seeing the world as what it can be and not what it is.

 The conversation actually goes like this (Thanks to SustainabiliTank I don't have to go through the whole video again):
It started out with an interview (watch it here) by Lesley Stahl with a fantastic starting monologue:


In the world of energy, the Holy Grail is a power source that's inexpensive and clean, with no emissions. Well over 100 start-ups in Silicon Valley are working on it, and one of them, Bloom Energy, is about to make public its invention: a little power plant-in-a-box they want to put literally in your backyard.

Then it ended with a great come back from the CEO of Bloom Energy who is the inventor of Bloom Box
“You are an idealist,” Stahl remarked.
“You know, it’s about seeing the world as what it can be and not what it is,”
Sridhar replied.

Knowing that I am far from a techy person, NO this is not one of those post criticizing the possibility of BloomBox or cheer of joy or chant of worship from those "Go Green"-er, lauyee only go green when lauyee get angry.

This is about the flash of genius I get when I heard that line, seriously, how could lauyee not quote it! Since the beginning of time I've heard people saying that I'm an idealist or its endless list of synonyms, well for some example:
  • I'm looking at that hot chick and tell my friend man I wish she's mine.
  • Looking at that Audi A8 and tell my friend that I wish that was my ride.
  • Looking at that bungalow house beside that beach and tell my friend welcome to my house.
That's just a few example I easily pluck from the back of my head, there's actually more, for one I hope lauyeelosophy got published and I sit on cash from royalties. Basically you get the idea, and now I could just tell my friends, "Dude, it's about seeing me as what I can be and not who I am!"

Trust me, this is a practice that a lot of people use, subconsciously! Remember the sales man who sold you your house? Din't you heard him say, "a mild renovation here and there and this would be just perfect!" Telling you about the mild renovation is making you see the place as what it can be and not what it is now! It works like a charm for the sales man.

Now haven't you figure out why those losers with nothing better then you can score hot chicks while you only have your left and right hands? They've figure the power of "Seeing as what can be and not what it is!" Countless times I've heard people telling their girl, tales of them working hard for that dream cars of theirs, that dream house, but do I need to be that obvious to tell you what that guy is dreaming when he's telling those tales?

Once there was this friend of mine who is kinda good with girls told me,
"lauyee, it's not about spending on them that matter, it's about spending, so spend on yourself when you're with them! What they want is to be convinced that you could spend, and it's not like you don't have to spend anyway. It's about lifestyle, and not just material stuff, girls now are smart"
Of course that work like a charm for him! See, he position himself as he could spend his fortune on his date, while in actuality he's smartly spending the money for himself. Again, "Seeing as what can be and not what it is!" Me? I'm still on the "I need free booze" donation drive.

Seriously, don't just myopically look at a person, a company or a situation. Not everyone are gifted, and if a man dare to dream and work hard for his dream persistently, there's no saying what would his life become. Some men just doesn't share their dream publicly, they keep them close to themselves or those who are close to them, don't write them off for who they are but rather find out who they want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clearly you have something to say, remember subscribe to comment so you will know when you have a reply?

Loading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is lauyeelosophy?

It was a little unexpected that this blog is still up at running after so many years, and definitely a huge chunk of inactivity. Started off with nothing but some personal nags, sharing some of the songs that I genuinely like and their lyrics, and some thoughts that I have no one around me to discuss with, bullshits that I've structured.

Soon I'll put everything into a mixing bowl, sharing lyrics with a structured bullshit story. I wouldn't update it as often as I'd like to but for people who like reading, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, but it wouldn't be as entertaining as a thousand words for sure.


Sincerely yours,
lauyee