Monday, February 15, 2010

Vodka Valentine


While the Vodka in my glass is crystal clear my mind is clouded with various thoughts, of what I could do, should do and would do.

Vodka to me is really inspiring, they look harmless just like normal drinking water, but they could easily knock out any unsuspecting victim. 40% ethanol (C2H5OH) and 60% water (H2O), sound really really simple, matter of fact Vodka means little water in Salvic, the mother tongue of Russian who invented Vodka. It taste like nothing but pure alcohol, so versatile it actually mix well almost everything, and at the same time mixes best with nothing. If you ask a barkeep to describe the taste of Vodka, they will tell you that it's tasteless, sound pretty much like what people would describe me to be honest.

On this very day where people are busy celebrating their love and affection with their sweetheart, worshiping the devil of consumerism, advocated by florists, gift shops and restaurants, some are left out. Not denying the fact that I'm updating my blog because the  -one-  (smart guys keep their backups, and I'm one of those who arn't so smart) person that I'm trying to date turn me down, sadly. However, this is not about jealousy, or saying that the grapes are sour just because I couldn't have it. Seriously if you have someone with you to celebrate it, be glad, be really glad that you have someone who likes you or loves you, or somehow  infatuated to celebrate this special day with you. Trust me, lovers can celebrate everyday, but not everyday a Valentine's day, it is a special day why else would people be celebrating it for 1514 years since 496 A.D.?

As the words piling, Vodka is slowly finishing and I'll have to move my ass to drown myself in more alcohol, after all, it's a day where we over celebrate our love! Being as versatile as the vodka, I'm sure I could mix well with anyone. Having a mind clearly knowing what I want, and half high thanks to the vodka, I'm more than ready to face the "Where's your date?" bomb!

Well, love should be like the vodka, 40% of pure love, diluting it with 60% of self interest, after all we are just human, not like vodka, even if we are versatile we have a choice of who we want to mix with, and we always love ourselves before anyone else, if you don't you really should! You can't love someone more then yourself!

Alas, Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Belated by now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clearly you have something to say, remember subscribe to comment so you will know when you have a reply?

Loading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is lauyeelosophy?

It was a little unexpected that this blog is still up at running after so many years, and definitely a huge chunk of inactivity. Started off with nothing but some personal nags, sharing some of the songs that I genuinely like and their lyrics, and some thoughts that I have no one around me to discuss with, bullshits that I've structured.

Soon I'll put everything into a mixing bowl, sharing lyrics with a structured bullshit story. I wouldn't update it as often as I'd like to but for people who like reading, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, but it wouldn't be as entertaining as a thousand words for sure.


Sincerely yours,
lauyee