Friday, February 19, 2010

And the battle begins!

Living in a Chinese community, today is the 6th day of Chinese New Year! A day suitable for commencement of business after the long Chinese New Year holiday. This day also mark a new start in my life, a lot of plans need to be put on hold after my father's heart attack. Instead of expanding the sales coverage, I need to first maintain the customer base and try to increase the sales from the existing customer base. Now I wonder how would I manage to pull that off given the fact that I've just pare my product portfolio, in which I've removed 60% of the product off the new catalog.

This year seeing that the economy is having a turn for the better, the competition will be fierce. With the low entrance barrier it will be a dogfight. Simply anyone with decent access to cash can come into my industry (If you haven't know yet, I'm in the Hardware Trading business, hardware as in handtools not computer). Yes access to cash means you doesn't even need to have the money, so long as you can have access to it, loan for example. Trust me so long as you have access to cash or made believe to have it, suppliers will be queuing up to support you! If you happen to know mandarin it would be a lot easier for you! You can just search from Alibaba.com and you can import your own hardware product to sell. There are abundance supply of tools and if you know how to market it, the margin is high. Which is why a lot of people are still coming into this industry!

Our company have survived for 40 years, that's a respectable record but none of the company leader manage to bring the company into prosperity, year by year they strive to survive, and now I wonder if I can steward the company into the ocean of success or would I just sail it to doomsland. Extra hard I shall work, to make sure that my company can survive for at least the 3 years to come, and hopefully thereafter I would manage to call in new work force to expand the business and may it expand exponentially. Let's hope for heaven and work like hell! I AM SPARTAN!!! AND LET'S THE BATTLE BEGINS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clearly you have something to say, remember subscribe to comment so you will know when you have a reply?

Loading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is lauyeelosophy?

It was a little unexpected that this blog is still up at running after so many years, and definitely a huge chunk of inactivity. Started off with nothing but some personal nags, sharing some of the songs that I genuinely like and their lyrics, and some thoughts that I have no one around me to discuss with, bullshits that I've structured.

Soon I'll put everything into a mixing bowl, sharing lyrics with a structured bullshit story. I wouldn't update it as often as I'd like to but for people who like reading, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, but it wouldn't be as entertaining as a thousand words for sure.


Sincerely yours,
lauyee