Monday, August 03, 2009

Morden man in traditional business

Sometimes I really wonder, can I revolutionize the business or will the business drag me back to the caveman age. It's an answer still unanswered for the time being, but I've already start to feel my devolution. I used to complain a lot more when I first went back to the business, when I found out that all the stuff that I were automated when I work in KL are being done manually here. Stuff like checking the price history, the list price of some items etc etc. Now I'm using the manual approach as well. I don't want to succumb to the industrial norm, I used to reject the industrial norm, saying that if they are not willing to move on, I'm willing to take the lead and show them what I'm made off, but I'm only human after all I guess.

August 15, is the deadline I set for myself, I need my new product portfolio out, and I need to limit them on selling what I WANT TO SELL and not WHAT MY CUSTOMER SEEK FOR. I want to be a supplier of goods I sell, that I do see a market for, not an agent that go around looking for what my customers want. Hopefully it will do me more good than bad. They all say that it will take several failing business to realize a successful one, but too bad I couldn't fail this 40 years business, I couldn't bear the blame. I'm not akon, I couldn't just go around telling people to 'blame it on me' because for hell sure, there's nothing I can do even if they blame it on me.

If you ever thought that you could "take on more responsibility" but your boss always assign you to some small job that's simply because your boss couldn't see your capacity of taking up such responsibility, and you din't step up to tell your boss that you can bear those responsibility. Seriously, if you ever see a chance to step up and do the job right, do it! Your boss will love it, so long as you can get the job done correctly. Also don't expect your boss to throw you a big assignment just because you volunteered, it takes time for the boss to observe you, see your potential and assign the job that fits you the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clearly you have something to say, remember subscribe to comment so you will know when you have a reply?

Loading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is lauyeelosophy?

It was a little unexpected that this blog is still up at running after so many years, and definitely a huge chunk of inactivity. Started off with nothing but some personal nags, sharing some of the songs that I genuinely like and their lyrics, and some thoughts that I have no one around me to discuss with, bullshits that I've structured.

Soon I'll put everything into a mixing bowl, sharing lyrics with a structured bullshit story. I wouldn't update it as often as I'd like to but for people who like reading, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, but it wouldn't be as entertaining as a thousand words for sure.


Sincerely yours,
lauyee