Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Woman Arrested After Killing Virtual Ex-Husband

Woman Arrested After Killing Virtual Ex-Husband
By David Kravets October 23, 2008 | 7:32:20 PM


A 43-year-old Japanese woman, angry over a sudden divorce in the virtual online game Maple Story, has been arrested on suspicion of hacking into the game where she killed her once-virtual husband, authorities said.

Authorities said the Miyazaki woman illegally accessed the game with a password she hijacked from a colleague. That made it appear as if her coworker committed the online murder.

According to The Associated Press, the woman told police: "I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry."

The hacking allegation carries a maximum five-year prison term.





WTF!? I'm glad that I'm not living in Japan then else my sentence would be more than 5 years! How could one takes online game so seriously? Sometimes I wonder, do we have nothing better to do in the 'real world' that's why some people tend to cling on to the virtual world hoping for a better 'life' there?

Account hacking is so usual in online game, I shamelessly admit that I used to do that. The 'Forgot password' function is like a friend of mine when it come to account hacking. Better yet, we can send email to the Game Master (GM) claiming that someone else hack my account, but of course you need to do some 'homework' on your part and collect some 'evidences' which you'll have to figure it out yourself.

Anyhow those were the days and I'm not doing it anymore because I don't even have time to play those time consuming games, beside Earth:2025! Which I'm really addicted to and have been playing it since year 2000! It's a great text based MMORPG game with a lot of number crunching (if you are serious about it), market trend analysis etc.

Check it out at Earth:2025 and don't tell you that Utopia is better because they are not! Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clearly you have something to say, remember subscribe to comment so you will know when you have a reply?

Loading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is lauyeelosophy?

It was a little unexpected that this blog is still up at running after so many years, and definitely a huge chunk of inactivity. Started off with nothing but some personal nags, sharing some of the songs that I genuinely like and their lyrics, and some thoughts that I have no one around me to discuss with, bullshits that I've structured.

Soon I'll put everything into a mixing bowl, sharing lyrics with a structured bullshit story. I wouldn't update it as often as I'd like to but for people who like reading, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, but it wouldn't be as entertaining as a thousand words for sure.


Sincerely yours,
lauyee