Thursday, July 24, 2008

The X-Files: I want to Believe


I thought that if I'm watching a movie alone, I don't need to book for tickets because there might be left over single seats but too bad, Batman: The Dark Knight is so popular that even the single seats are filled! So instead, I watched one of my all time favorite series/movie, The X-Files: I want to Believe, and what's wonderful about taking some time off to watch a movie is, it kept me thinking keep my brain functioning, the way it shouldn't. It makes me think...

At times, we lost ourselves losing our direction, over our passion for what we started buried by the harsh reality and all the people who kept telling you that you can't make it. Maybe we've gone through miles and miles of obstacle and we end up giving in at the final inch. Call it life, this is the main reason why there are so many people telling their good old days stories.

Come to think of it, what keep us living? What is the force that wake you up every morning? Why do you go to work? Is it because you believe that it is the only way to keep your family surviving? That you will eventually be rewarded for how much you worth? Or was it something totally different?

I'm a person of question like you may already observe, because I strongly believe that by asking the right question I will find the truth. The reason, purpose for my existence and in search for my purpose I try to gain as much knowledge as I could, but in the process so much of those knowledge left redundant, so much of youth wasted. My main problem is that I'll try to poke my nose in to everything that I come across and never get deep enough into it, which explain why I get shitty but never into deep shit. That's why when I'm asked to take a stance on my religious view my answer is always

"I Believe in Everything, so much that I Disbelieve in Anything"



Why? Simply because the fact that we believe in or made believe contradict each other way too much. Don't think for a second that I'm just another atheist, a person who is being superstitious with science and think that in time, science can explain everything.

Sorry to disappoint you but NO!


I do believe however that science has become a religion as well and it also has it's faithful followers, the scientist. Hence I believe in science as much as I believe in the supernatural which contradicts each other and leave me wondering, wandering and losing my direction as to what is the truth, yet again. Seriously I want to believe, but those people who approached me arn't a good enough salesperson to make me believe their side of the story.


Oh wait, I think it can also be linked to my political view too! As much as I want to believe that Pak Lah is just resting his eyes, he could really be sleeping or vice versa. It's your call about what you want to believe in, but as for myself, I believe that he's resting his eyes by sleeping.

The truth is out there, but how could we know what is true if people who hold the truth are not or cannot speak of the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clearly you have something to say, remember subscribe to comment so you will know when you have a reply?

Loading
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is lauyeelosophy?

It was a little unexpected that this blog is still up at running after so many years, and definitely a huge chunk of inactivity. Started off with nothing but some personal nags, sharing some of the songs that I genuinely like and their lyrics, and some thoughts that I have no one around me to discuss with, bullshits that I've structured.

Soon I'll put everything into a mixing bowl, sharing lyrics with a structured bullshit story. I wouldn't update it as often as I'd like to but for people who like reading, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Yes a picture is worth a thousand words, but it wouldn't be as entertaining as a thousand words for sure.


Sincerely yours,
lauyee